With an acute sense of rhythm and an ear for the unusual, the Slovenian-based composers, producers and energtic house DJ’s VANILLAZ have put together a unique playlist for VICO Movement that is neither here nor there. The playlist is composed of tracks which have influenced them, combined with some of their personal favorites.
The VANILLAZ track "Back 2 Life" (with Kosta Radman) premiered on MTV and received an instant inclusion on Kontor's "House of house" compilation. A collaboration with Plastik Funk “Rock The Party” went directly on Beatport Top 100 Electro House. As a DJ duo VANILLAZ have their monthly residency at club Cirkus which is one of the most visited nightclubs in the capital city of Slovenia.
Creating from scratch with passion is where VICO Movement and VANILLAZ share common ground. Whether it is concerned with creating new footwear styles or new sounds. Constantly pushing our creative boundaries.
VANILLAZ DJ duo wearing the Prati Black Wave Stitched | Shop now
Our journey was pretty hard. We started to DJ a long time ago and went through all sorts of stuff. Coming from countries like Croatia & Slovenia only makes things much harder (you should see my neighbourhood, it’s a jungle). We are living proof that anything is possible and that you have to hustle your way out!
Having our tracks recognised and played by the biggest players in the music industry. Having shows all around!
We are checking a lot of music and we are inspired by so many different genres, so every time we are doing a playlist we are trying to adjust it for the listeners. This playlist is a bit softer than the stuff we play live so that you can listen to it at home or in the car, this is the purpose.
This year a lot of good things are going to happen. We have been working for the last two years to reach for the gold and finally it is starting to happen. I would really like to tell you guys so many things at this point but I can’t do it because of rules of the game.
Honestly before VICO came in to our lives we only played music in our sneakers. Shoes were never an option. Why? Because shoes are uncomfortable, especially if you have an energetic performance like we do. Besides that the design is amazing and it totally fits to our profile. You guys took it to another level.
Playlist VICO Movement | #03 by VANILLAZ Music
(01) TV Noise feat. Bright Sparks - Bring Me Down
(02) Phats & Small - Turn Around (Hey Whats Wrong With You) (Maison & Dragen Remix)
(03) DiscoVer. & Mart - The Rhythm Of The Night (Club Mix)
(04) Ensaime - Cierro Los Ojos
(05) Gene Farris - Black Licorice (Original Mix)
(06) Cheat Codes x Kris Kross Amsterdam - Sex (Gregor Salto Remix)
(07) AFSHeeN - Let Me Down Slow (Original Mix)
(08) Lost Kings feat. Katelyn Tarver - You (Lash Remix)
(09) Alaia & Gallo, Kevin Haden - Who Is He (Original Mix)
(10) Philip George & Dragonette - Feel This Way (Original Mix)
(11) Sigala feat John Newman & Nile Rodgers - Give Me Your Love (Extended Mix)
(12) Sunset Child - Silence (Extended Mix)
(13) Zonderling ft. Bishop - Keep On (Extended Mix)
(14) Tiesto & Oliver Heldens - The Right Song (Dillon Francis Remix)
(15) Lost Frequencies ft. Sandro Cavazza - Beautiful Life
More about VANILLAZ: